miscellany
Sep. 26th, 2026 11:55 pmPrompted by A's adventures elsewhere I took another look at the bezel colours Framework offers for my laptop, to confirm that they still do not inspire me. In this I was correct. (Un?)fortunately, however, I also came across files for printing your own, along with a report from someone who printed the earlier version of the files. Might I be going to get a teal edge to my laptop screen? Maybe! Might A's bezel be changing from OEM orange to sparkly purple? Also maybe!
Cycle ride home from gym (and subsequent dinner, because I could give people money to make the problem of feeding me go away) featured a very dramatic sunset, of which have an amateurish photo (that alas could not cope with showing both the orange-pink end of the spectrum and the section of the sky down to the lower right that was doing the thing of being green):

I thought it was probably still too early in the evening for the bat, but I was wrong! So I followed up gawking at the sunset with gawking at a bat.
I have just bought my first Railcard since the start of the pandemic. It probably won't be live in time to use it for tomorrow's intended travel, but at least next time I decide I want to buy train tickets it will Already Be Sorted.
I have grudgingly succumbed to the lure of "synthetic fibres might survive a little longer than natural when it comes to, you know, cycling" and am now in possession of several second-hand Sturdy By Design lower-limb coverings. I have yet to actually get the selfie of how hilariously well the favourite shorts coordinate with the gym decor, which I had not clocked at all until I showed up wearing them; today was the leggings' first outing; I am recording this in no small part to make it easier to work out whether they are actually more robust to Indignities. I am enjoying being All The Rainbows All The Time, helped along by the part where I'm not actually willing to subject that fabric to my bike keys, so they now live on my Pride lanyard for gym-going purposes...
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-27 12:09 pm (UTC)If it's a digital railcard it should work the next day. (This is something I learned when buying my first post-lockdown railcard.)
(no subject)
Date: 2026-09-27 02:01 pm (UTC)We've had several good ones recently, including the rather bizarre sight of something a bit like that sky in the picture exiting stage left, while a solitary, but brightly lit from below (almost sunset) cloud at a slightly lower level tacked resolutely by in the opposite direction.