1. A. feels that I was Making Something Of An Understatement when I said to you all, the other day, that the furniture fits like I hoped it would. Or, more precisely, that given that I'd got it accurate to the millimetre
I was selling myself short. So have a poor-quality photo: the dresser is A's, the fridge-freezer is the landlord's and hard up against the worksurface. (We are still Working On finding places for everything, hence the stack of aprons on top of the fridge-freezer...) ( Read more... )
2. While bimbling around charity shops today, I found that tablecloth + six napkins for £4. I am very pleased, not least because Mama always used tablecloths and therefore they have a strong sense of "comfort" and "home" for me, which combine with the part where my subconcious interprets the view out the window by the dining table as the view out the attic window in the Mouldering Ancestral Pile, which therefore also
pings "comfort" and "soothing" really hard.
3. I rescued a weed-filled terracotta tub from the Secret Patio and relocated a cut-price live mint plant into it. It is now on the Actual Patio, hopefully settling in adequately. I intend to add some parsley to it.
4. A conversation with A. the other morning: given
that online grocery shops already have
a bunch of aliases implemented ("chickpeas", "tinned chickpeas", etc etc etc), why
do none of them (as far as I can tell) let me set private/personal/individual aliases? I would much prefer to be able to search "Adam pasta", which is what we call it over here, than have to remember the full name of the stuff he specifically likes. We... got into a fairly lengthy conversation about what the code would look like, because Of Course We Did.
5. ... this mostly seems to be about house, shockingly enough. Want to take a guess about what I've been up to this week? ... yeah. We are pretty much down to at most one layer of box on any given surface, though, with the surface area covered in box rapidly decreasing...