Once I get into the actual science, just laying out the facts, as distinct from Explaining The Overarching Project, I thought, It'll Be Fine. That's Going To Be Nice And Straightforward. Surely There Will Be No Difficulty Here!!!
I must have known I was lying to myself about this, surely, given the whole... thesis swamp... situation, but my goodness it turns out that (i) I know an awful lot of things, and (ii) organising them into some semblance of order is A Whole Entire... Thing.
(Today: got the edges of patch #1 sewn down on hole #1 of the least favourite linen trousers, which alas also have The Most Holes; thank you all enormously for the encouragement, though I am slightly questioning my decision to start with the ones where I'll have to do the most work to wind up with the positive reinforcement of A Completed Project. Also photocopied some sourdough guidance for upstairs neighbours who had asked A if we might provide them with some starter; got most of a bread made; read back through some of my lifting notes and was very cheered by the progress they document; started, finally, taking photos of the small lost objects I want to reunite with their people...)
(no subject)
Date: 2026-08-05 10:04 pm (UTC)(no i am not thinking about the ehrc guidance coming into force)
(no subject)
Date: 2026-08-05 11:08 pm (UTC)(At least having The Most Holes means you’ll get plenty of practice/chances to test things and fine-tune your technique before moving on to the more-favored trousers?)
(no subject)
Date: 2026-08-06 04:14 am (UTC)(no subject)
Date: 2026-08-06 12:42 pm (UTC)