1. Tumblr, as you may be aware, makes the convincing and thorough case for black Hermione Granger
. Jewish Hermione headcanon just crossed my dash
. Consequently I have abruptly acquired the unshakeable conviction that Hermione is an Ethiopian Jew.
2. On a related note, since people are apparently occasionally surprised by this, I reiterate that my main tumblr is 100% a space for stuff that will make me smile (or cry in good ways) when I look back through it. That is the entire purpose. If small iridescent blue squid are your jam, and you don't object to occasional botany and frequent mineralogy spam, there's a thing. (I have been looking back at my tumblr archive
a fair amount over the past week.)
3. Passing cissexism with a happy ending: ( Read more... )
4. I accidentally two kilos of parsnips for eighteen p sorry me_and
your fridge is full of parsnips
5. I wrote in to Clue
with a bug report and a PS of gratitude for the fact that the innards of the app are incredibly consistently gender-neutral and competent
, because genderqueer + endometriosis, and got back a message saying "thanks for the bug report, I'm punting it to dev, I'M GENDERQUEER TOO :D :D :D :D and are there any features that would help you with endometriosis management? we're thinking about what else we can implement!" So that was a lovely experience of customer service, too.
6. I rewatched Captain America: The First Avenger
this evening, and I picked up some more bits I could tell I'd missed from ybeb, and it is nice to have that a bit more solid (also wow I'd... really not have got on with these films terribly well if I hadn't had ybeb as a lens).
7. I have mostly learned the words for the gig I'm performing next week.
8. Finger splints and increased NSAID really do seem to be bringing my background pain down some.
9. Duolingo is still hitting easy-measurable-success buttons (I'm currently using it to drill gender of German nouns, and the forms of the second person I'm crap at because heritage speaker), and is leading to me learning all sorts of weird North German words. It is a fascinating cultural experience.
10. I am managing a degree of self-awareness and coping-strategy-application, and this is in fact a good thing much as I would prefer to have enough grip in the first place to not need it.