No noticeable improvement in breathing, and my sleep is even more disastrous than normal. On the plus side:
1. I have my desktop working again, and even looked up some more arguments I can apply to redshift
for better screen colour temperatures.
2. While I did not learn as much about MySQL as I wanted
, I have learned some
3. I have made a tiny tiny dent in the towering pile of terrifying PhD work, which makes the future a little less scary. (I made it into work during normal working hours for the first time in three weeks yesterday. I barely made it out of my room today, but hey, so it goes. Have I mentioned round these parts that I'm a bit wrong at the moment?)
4. The necklace arrived in the post: it is deliciously heavy and does all the right things with body temperature.
5. I have dealt with the washing up
. (Hello lovely housemate I hope the 3am washing up didn't bother you it seemed like the best option at the time.)
6. I have read a whole pile of book - finally got around to Long Hidden, and have several authors to follow up as a result (and have already read more Nghi Vo, who I think I am hoping to nominate for something Hugo-related).
7. Lock In arrives in e-book format tomorrow, entirely breaking my rule of "don't buy books, especially not books by straight white cis men, while the in-ereader to-read pile is over 50" (the exemption for "unless you're going to read it straight away" is only really supposed to apply to people who aren't... white men), but do you know what there's a fair chance I'll find it pleasing escapism, so.
8. In more "spending money will totally make me feel better, right?" news, I have Dealt With My Lack Of Post-It Notes, Thank You eBay. (The yellow gingko-leaf-shaped-ones are probably going to be for writing nice notes to myself and sticking up places; the pale blue square ones are for work when I want to use the whiteboard for three things at once.)
9. I am enjoying the rain.
10. I have not yet finished the pear-and-apple juice we have in the house, but the blueberries we finished earlier continued delicious.