1. My peas are germinating! All of them! I am ridiculously excited about this.
2. I have a lab coat of my very own
. It only took five months!
3. My enormous stash of Misc Dried Stuff arrived in the post, such that I have an Adequate supply of dried apricots, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, misc raisins, etc. (Couscous salad! Toasted cashews! Raspberry-hazelnut brownies! Trail mix to keep at work! Dundee cake!)
5. I didn't kill myself during routine lab work! (And
I got the routine lab work done, which I wasn't certain I'd manage for a little while.)
6. The household's enormous pile of daylight bulbs arrived in the post, too, so the place will soon be brighter.
7. Ridiculous raspberry moisturiser I keep on my desk at work [context: it is not uncommon for me to wash my hands upwards of ten times a day when I'm doing any even-slightly-involved lab work. Moisturiser kept at work is a necessity.]
8. Seanan McGuire & her music.
9. Mia's latest art update
. [Mia's Patreon
10. The book!presents I asked the Internet to send to my tinycousin have been dispatched. Hopefully she will enjoy them.
(More, because that is how this lists thing works: tasty dinner planned for tonight. Cuddles with housemate yesterday. Getting to make myself pots of tea. The lecturer who threatened to take away my meteorite hasn't, yet, and therefore has probably forgotten about it. The e-reader that means I can finish one book and swap seamlessly to the next. Brilliant conversations with liv
. All-supervisor meeting yesterday went not-terribly. On Sunday I get to attend an S Bear Bergman talk
(and maybe manage More Outing). Tomorrow is a Captain Awkward meet-up, and also I get to perform at a friend's birthday party. I have more-or-less worked out the shape of the next two weeks, including probably managing to see TOL & TOG twice *during* next week, and then again at the weekend. Things. :-) )