it's okay to doubt yourself sometimes
and it's okay to fall in love
1. CNdeliMechs gig last night! (By which I mean: triple-bill CN Lester
, who writes heartbreakingly beautiful music, the most recent album of which I have spent much of the past six months listening to on repeat; The Mechanisms
, a band of pirates from a spacepunk dystopian future full of stories; and the Indelicates
, who have my heart forever and ever and are very patient with me being a deeply overenthusiastic fan.)
2. ... which was close enough to Brick Lane that shortcipher
was willing to do a bagel run on his way to dropping me off, so we have bagels and uncroissant and unstrudel and we drove along the Thames squeezed into a car and -- yes.
3. Someone I met at the Diseases of England
IndeliLaunch at the beginning of last summer - he's based in Cardiff - crashed on my floor last night, and I'm now playing him my collection of Indelicates rarities. Currently we are bopping along to the hard trance remix of We Hate The Kids, which he hadn't heard before.
4. I read the latest bit of recessional
's MCU fic this morning, with tea and croissant, and I also read the latest Strong Female Protagonist (webcomic of which I am super-fond), and it was lovely.
5. I HAVE CLEARED THE WASHING-UP BACKLOG IT IS GREAT. The kitchen is satisfyingly clean.
6. Poster is printed!
7. I'm still incredibly impressed with myself for rhyming "gluon" with "sine qua non" yesterday.
8. Boooooooooooots. The boything indulged me to very great extent by getting me a pair of the boots I linked to a couple of Ten Good Things ago, and the shape is PERFECT and guh boots. (I think boything thinks he got a good deal out of this one, heh.)
9. I have been reading a lot of really awesome books recently (a longer post on one of them I loved and hated in equal measure to come, probably), and I have more to look forward to... (so excited
about Ancillary Sword; think another Ancillary Justice reread might happen before then.)
10. Housemate has got me watching Brooklyn 99
and it is BRILLIANT. Such ladies! Such casual queers! Such black gay chief of police! Such beautiful, beautiful slightly-overwritten incredibly deadpan dialogue, a la The Middleman! Much enthusiasm. :-)